When you have made up your mind to shed those pesky extra pounds in order to get healthier and fitter, you have to absolutely stop thinking about splurging your hard-earned money on expensive bottles of fat-cutter pills that promise to melt away body fat; instead turn your attention towards eating healthy food that would naturally help boost the whole weight loss process. A good diet coupled with the right workout routine can accelerate the rate of fat burning, and you can find all of them on the Rati Beauty app. For now, to kickstart the whole journey, here’s the list of the healthiest foods to begin eating for weight loss. Here you go:
1. Quinoa: It’s considered one of the healthiest grains on the planet and almost indispensable in any weight loss plan due to its high fiber and protein content. Quinoa is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, and healthy fats, with one cup of quinoa providing up to 8 gm. It is one of the best “plant-based” protein sources and that’s Rati Beauty diet programs extensively use quinoa in various weekly diets. This grain has a metabolism-boosting enzyme called betaine and also lysine which is an amino acid which aids in fat burning. It also has antioxidants and other essential minerals, and helps regulate blood sugar. What’s amazing is that, it’s absolutely gluten free and keeps you full for long hours. Since quinoa has anti-inflammatory properties, it’s great for the gut too.
2. Apple: An apple a day would definitely keep the doctor away, but did you know, it can also help one get leaner and fitter. Apple is rich in fiber and it’s a water-dense fruit as well, filling you up and keeping unnecessary hunger pangs at bay. Along with protein, fiber is essential to get lower numbers on the weighing scale. So, bite into an apple every single day!
3. Peanut Butter: Please do not give up healthy fats while trying to lose weight because they boost metabolism, mobilize body fat, and provide a great deal of nutrients to the body. An affordable option to get your daily dose of healthy fats is by eating a tsp or two of peanut butter which is not only rich in protein, it regulates blood sugar, and also keeps one satiated for longer.
4. Eggs: Skipping eggs while on a diet is not a good idea because they are high on protein and contain more than a dozen vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, folate, phosphorous, riboflavin and vitamins A, D, E, and B-12. Some eggs also have omega-3 essential fatty acids, necessary for the fat-burning process.
5. Oats: It’s one of the healthiest breakfast options out there with its low calorie content and. Oatmeal is rich in beta-glucan (a type of soluble fiber), protein, and a host of other essential trace minerals like copper, iron, manganese, zinc, magnesium, folate, etc. Though oatmeal has carb content, those are complex carbs that do not spike insulin and raise blood sugar levels. It’s also gluten free and rich in antioxidants. That’s a whole lot of nutrients packed in a simple bowl of oatmeal, which may look boring, but a great meal option if you are trying to lose weight.
6. Spinach: Spinach is extremely low in calories, a good source of vitamin A, C, calcium, and phytochemicals, thylakoids, all boosting weight loss greatly.
7. Chia Seeds: An excellent food option for those who are trying to lose weight, not only do chia seeds have you covered nutritionally, the high fibre content keeps you full for long hours and helps you eat a better diet, which in turn helps with weight loss.
8. Milk: The high calcium content in milk helps you burn more fat stored in the body and also prevents your body from storing fat. Surprisingly, when calcium levels are low, the body tends to make more fat cells. Calcium also suppresses appetite and lowers hunger sensations by 12%.
9. Carrots: More and more people are realizing the detoxifying benefits of carrots and associated weight loss. Beta carotene, potassium, and such other amazing nutrients make carrots a weight-loss friendly food.
10. Chicken/Paneer: Both these food items are rich sources of protein and as we all know, protein works in multiple ways to expedite fat-burning. It keeps you full for long, switches on thermogenesis, and burns more calories.
11. Lentils/Beans: All vegetarians, look no further than lentils/beans to get your daily dose of plant-based protein. You will love your bowl of basic dal from today if we told you that you can get both fiber and protein from it.
12. Pickles: Though pickles have high sodium/salt content, there are far too benefits of including pickles in the daily diet. Since pickle is a fermented food, it supplies a good dose of healthy microbes to the gut which have been found to lower body fat percentage. Since pickles tend to have vinegar as one of the main ingredients, one can get also the anti-obesity effects associated with it.
Do remember to check out on how to use these ingredients in the correct way to lose weight on the Rati Beauty app.